A year in wreathing

It started with this simple yarn wreath, OSU colors, for my best friend. I was quite proud of my pom-poms.

So a little over a year ago, I started making wreaths.  It started with a really simple yarn wreath... and I have done 26 wreaths since.  I took a lot of inspiration from Pinterest, but I like to think I improved upon wreaths I found there.  Some were given as gifts, some were taken to work to place on a door that is there and a few made it onto my parents' door as well.  



Then I found something similar to this on Pinterest, but in different colors. That led to more argyle: 




This wreath was for a charity raffle at work.  But now I know what baby shower gift I'll be giving from this point on...

This was the first foray into felt flowers.  


Spring wreath

Mini spring wreath for a friend.



Flag wreath for my Mom.  

Beachy wreath.... a fan favorite

I almost like the small one better... the balance is better on it.

Saw this on Pinterest as well... made for my Aunt's beach house. 
This one I struggled a lot with because I couldn't find a glue to hold them all together, and I ended up stapling them to a cardboard ring in order to make it steady.  I also struggled to get the flowers to stay on the stupid plastic.  That wreath and I were not friends. After I made it initially and figured out that the hot glue was not going to hold the flip flops together (which I had suspected), and that the flowers weren't going to stay on either, I got to buy myself a staple gun.  Even then, the staples wouldn't go all the way through the bottom flip flops to hold the top ones in place.  It worked out, but it hasn't made it to the beach house yet.  I'm a little worried if people that are renting the beach house get curious and try to see how it's made that it might not stay together.
Made for my Other Aunt's beach house... she has a parrot theme, though to my knowledge, parrots can't be found in North Carolina.

My favorite fall wreath.  (Mini)

Crayon Wreath... will come in handy when I'm teaching.

Balloon wreath made at a friend's request.  One of the most expensive wreaths I've made.  Who knew balloons were so expensive? 

This is to upgrade on the wreath that started it all... the Ohio Script.  Little bells in the pompom to imply the bell of the tubas that dot the "I" on the football field before the games.

Fall wreath that took FOREVER.  Inspired by a wreath on Pinterest that had all off white flowers... but with different textured materials.  Burlap, lace and tulle.  I discovered when I made this that that make camouflage tulle.  Who knew? Props to the chick that made the original because those flowers had to be cut, rolled, glued individually and she covered an entire wreath with them!  This isn't even 1/4 covered and it took me a crazy amount of time to make.  

Mini wreath...made with an ornament my parents have had for awhile, but that my mom never really cared for.

Most popular wreath I made this year... I think.  I added different sized jingle bells in addition to the ornaments that I bought at Dollar General and Hobby Lobby.

Whimsical wreath made with a couple feather boas, Christmas village tree and a great Santa ornament. 

Pointsetia blooms require ten different petals each.  

Another mini wreath, sent to a friend.

Curious what I'm going to do next year, though I have a couple I didn't get to yet.  I even have some supplies purchased but haven't gotten to yet.  I'll keep you posted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite things (aka my product endorsements)

Why this non-traditional student is not a fan of post secondary students