February Books

February 2022 has been about having my condo remodeled, and February 28th, I thought I had read many less books than January, but then when I tallied them up, there was only one less.  :)  Not bad.

1. DNF:  Magpie Murders by Anthony Horowitz.  I read the second book in this series last month called The Moonflower Murders, and I really enjoyed it.  This wasn't a prequel per se, but had one of the main characters in it.  I could NOT get into it. Gave up after 4 attempts.  Maybe read 75 pages.

2. No Place like Home (audio) by Barbara Samuel Enjoyed listening to this on the way to and from work. Woman moves to an inherited home because of a raise in rent in NYC with her best friend and her teenager son.  A few different story threads with this.  There's a storyline with her best friend at the end stages of AIDS.  There's a love story.  And there's also a reconciliation story with her family.  

3. Perennials (audio) by Julie Cantrell  This is another family reconciliation story.  Had a lot of southern American literature threaded throughout, lots of Faulkner quotations.  

4. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid  This was a bit on the trashy side.  It was a story about an 80 year old former Hollywood starlet who wants to give a relatively unknown magazine journalist an exclusive autobiography of her life.  The journalist spends several days interviewing her about her 7 marriages and other events related.  

5. Traveling Light by Katrina Kittle-- Set in Dayton, Ohio, which was part of the reason I picked it up.  It was sitting on my bookshelf with books that were borrowed from someone else.  This was a good but sad book.  Mama Lou would love it.  It's about a sister who moves in with her brother as he is dying from AIDS.  

I read/listened to a lot of death stories this month. Literally every book had at least one tragic death.  Traveling Light and No Place Like Home both made me cry.  Traveling Light made me cry at the pool!  It was probably my favorite book of the month.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite things (aka my product endorsements)

Why this non-traditional student is not a fan of post secondary students