Wreathing

I have sent mini wreaths to a friend that lives in Texas for her cubicle.  A cubicle should be defined as a depressed 3 1/2 walled corporate wasteland.  I realized recently that I've sent her one for Christmas, summertime, fall,  and spring but I haven't sent her a Valentine's Day wreath.  Stay tuned for when I do a flag wreath for her, which is one of my favorites to make.

Here are the supplies.  I had all of this yarn here already, I think I got it all at Pat Catan's, which is where I purchased the heart shaped mini wreath.  I got the XOXO sign at Pat Catan's as well.  One thing nice about these mini wreaths is that I haven't had to hand make the decorations for them. Pat Catan's usually has something in their seasonal section that I can use, which is nice.

I decided that I didn't want to do a monotone wreath, I wanted to use more than one color.  I started out with the idea of doing a chevron stripe across the wreath, but I couldn't find something for me to easily do that.  And I'm too lazy to hand cut out stripes out of felt.  So, I chose a chevron striped ribbon to use as an homage to that.


I also decided that I didn't want the stripes to be the same size.  For one, it made my life easier, for two, I thought it would add some interest.  This picture directly above shows the back of the wreath in process.  I tie knots in the yarn at the start and end of each color, so they're tied together, and are messy while I'm making it, then I trim the ends really well at the end.

Here's the finished product.  As usual, I forgot to take a picture when I affixed the ornamentation to the wreath.  I actually tied it on to a strand of the red yarn and then covered it with the chevron ribbon.  I used a hot glue gun to attach the point of the heart to the chevron ribbon on the bottom, which is just looped around there and hot glued to the back.  I also glue a loop on it so she can just hang it on a thumbtack if she wants... or she can thumbtack the ribbon to the cubicle.  It's not my favorite wreath I've ever made, but I didn't want to do another argyle heart wreath like I did last year.  I liked the idea of doing one of those candy heart wreath but I really don't have time to do that right now.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite things (aka my product endorsements)

Why this non-traditional student is not a fan of post secondary students