Tuesdays, the bane of my existence, and Thursday, its evil red headed cousin

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was messaging with a friend of mine and he said "If you say so..." which annoyed me.  Doesn't that just imply that there's a lack of trust there?  Or is that just me?

Anyway, it woke my mind up a little too much so I tossed and turned in annoyance, berating myself for having read that one last message that I only knew about because I saw my little text notification light blinking on my phone.  I prefer not to have my ringer on at all.  Like, ever.  So, like a deaf person, I rely on the flashing light to tell me when I have a text.  I do turn the ringer on during weekends, etc, but the rest of the time, I'm in class or work and can't answer it anyway, so why bother with the ringer?

All that to say, I woke up out of a dead sleep when my alarm went off and decided that this semester, since Tuesdays and Thursdays are essentially the same schedule-wise, that maybe Thursdays and I won't be friends for the next 15 weeks.  

My hatred for Tuesdays has been going on for probably 5 years or so.  I mean, Tuesdays are too far from the previous weekend to still have the post-weekend glow.  Yeah, I said glow.  They're also too far from the upcoming weekend to even look forward to it yet.  It's like the 27th of December.  I mean, does anyone really care about that day?  No.  That's how Tuesdays are.  

This semester on Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have to get up at 7:30am after having worked until 10:30-11PM the night before.  I go to class from 9:15-1:30, drive home to take the cutest dog in the entire universe out to the bathroom, change clothes (it's too cold to wear scrub pants to school right now), and then drive to work, where I stay until 10:45pm (tonight, anyway--I sort of skipped lunch).  

So after my night of annoyed rolling around in my bed, I likened Thursdays to Tuesdays.  But my first class was over, and I was a bit more awake, I realized, "Wait, I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel. This week is totally over tomorrow, and classes are done after today!"  

Therefore, Thursday, my friend.  We're good.  Just beware that I may find you evil a few times in the next 15 (now 14) weeks.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite things (aka my product endorsements)

Why this non-traditional student is not a fan of post secondary students