Chocolate Chippie Cookies

So, after years of trying to find a recipe of chocolate chip cookies that don't go flat, I finally found one via Pinterest.  Here's the blog I found it on http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2013/05/13/chewy-chocolate-chunk-cookies/.  But I want to try this whole cooking blog thing (not that I have a lot of free time with which to do so).  So I'm stealing this recipe to start with.  :)  These cookies are quite tasty and easy to make.  I also like this recipe because you don't need a mixer to make them.

I forgot to put the Baking Soda in this picture, but here are the ingredients.  :)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 and 1/2 teaspoon of cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3/4 light brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg and 1 egg yolk
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks

So, mix up the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, cornstarch and salt) and set aside.  In a smaller bowl, melt the butter in the microwave (this is how I did it anyway).  Add the brown and granulated sugar to the melted butter and mix up well with a fork or a whisk.  I don't really like whisks, I feel like the ingredients are hard to get off of them so I use a fork.  So, you whisk or fork-stir this until any brown sugar clumps are dissolved.  Then add in the egg and stir up, and then the egg yolk and mix. Add two teaspoons of Vanilla Extract Should look kinda like this before you mix it in:
 Then pour this mixture into the dry ingredients:
Stir together.  The dough will be a little sticky.
Add chocolate chips.  I used Ghirardelli chips.  I'm kind of a chocolate snob, though.  Also, the original recipe called for chunks, but the first time I made these, I make them with chunks and they weren't chocolatey enough for me (or anyone else).
After everything is mixed together, cover with saran wrap and chill for an hour.  This is mandatory (according to the original recipe).

So now, take it out of the fridge, and let it sit for about ten minutes so it's not too cold to handle.  Roll bits of dough into balls.  I just wing this part.  The recipe says 3 tablespoons worth of dough, but I just wing it, and the same baking time worked regardless.  I'm too lazy to measure out balls of dough.

Oh, line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.  And bake this at 325 degrees for 11 minutes.  They come out puffy... but they'll bake a bit more on the sheet.
This batch yielded 24 cookies, but that's partly b/c I ate some of the dough b/c it's yummy, okay? 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My favorite things (aka my product endorsements)

Why this non-traditional student is not a fan of post secondary students